Estate Planning Brochures
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Probate of an Estate
2017 - eCaseNotes
- No.06: Social Media & Cyber-Bullying: An Employer’s Responsibility
- No.05: Spammers (Still) Beware: Private Right of Action Under Anti-Spam Legislation Put on Hold
- No.04: Spammers Beware: A Private Right of Action is Around the Corner
- No.03: The Implications of the Cannabis Act for Commercial Interests: A First Reading of Bill C-45
- No.02: Maneuvering Around Constructive Dismissal: Can It Be Done?
- No.01: Polishing the Jewels in the Crown Lands
2016 - eCaseNotes
- No.05: Union Protection for Non-Unionized, Federally-Regulated Employees
- No.04: A New Public Procurement Act in Newfoundland and Labrador
- No.03: Helping the Poor and Those with More: Risking Charitable Deregistration
- No.02: Magna Carta and the Canadian Access to Justice Crisis
- No.01: Considering Consideration: The Negotiation of Employment Contracts
2015 - eCaseNotes
- No.05: If an Employee Quits, is that the End? Employee Resignations and Employer Responsibilities
- No.04: No Work and All Pay Makes Employees File Lawsuits - Avoiding Constructive Dismissal Claims from Employees on Administrative Suspension
- No.03: Newfoundland and Labrador, a Leap Ahead? Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015
- No.02: Honesty is the Best Policy – Duty of Good Faith in Contract Performance
- No.01: You Are What You Tweet – Employment Termination for Personal Misconduct
2014 - eCaseNotes
- No.06: The Duty to Consult First Nations: A Never-Ending Story?
- No.05: Enactment of Whistleblower Protection Legislation in Newfoundland and Labrador
- No.04: A Changing Landscape: An Employer’s Duty to Accommodate Employees’ Childcare Obligations
- No.03: On Tangled Webs: Expanding Auditor's Requirements for Negligence
- No.02: Proprietary Rights of Common Law Partners Expanded
- No.01: Silence CAN mean Consent: Employees should Speak Up on Changes resulting from New Business Ownership
2013 - eCaseNotes
- No.07: Holiday Season Advisory
- No.06: Denial of Annual Bonus Could be Constructive Dismissal
- No.05: Privacy vs. Safety: Confronting the Imposition of Random Drug and Alcohol Testing in Unionized Workplaces
- No.04: When a Continuing Guarantee is Not So Continuous: Protecting the Enforceability of Guarantees For Creditors
- No.03: Protecting Family Trusts by Marriage Contract
- No.02: Accommodation of Childcare Obligations in the Workplace
- No.01: Estate Planning in Blended Familes
2012 - eCaseNotes
- No.06: The Duty to Mitigate: What All Employers and Employees Need to Know - Part II
- No.05: The Duty to Mitigate: What All Employers and Employees Need to Know - Part I
- No.04: The New Condominium Act - What Purchasers/Owners Need to Know
- No.03: The New Condominium Act - What Developers Need to Know
- No.02: Employers: What to Bear in Mind When Drafting Restrictive Covenants
- No.01: A demotion can equal dismissal
2011 - eCaseNotes
- No.06: Repeated fixed-term employment contracts do not necessarily lead to "indefinite termm employee" status
- No.05: Post‐Termination Worker’s Compensation Benefits Are Deductible From Dismissal Damages
- No.04: Disabled Employee Discrimination Test Confirmed
- No.03: "Bare Minimum"Compensation in Lay-Offs of Unskilled Workers Results in GenerousSeverance Packages
- No.02: Court Stikes Down Post-Employment Competition Restrictions in Employment Contract
- No.01: Employers Beware: Employee Permitted to Remain in Employment after Constructive Dismissal
2010 - eCaseNotes
- No.04: Proving Frustration: Onus on employers to have medical evidence before terminating disabled employees>
- No.03: Tender Privilege Clauses - Communication is Key
- No.02: Exclusion of Liability clauses in tenders and RFPs granted seal of approval
- No.01: Corporations on Trial
2009 - eCaseNotes
- No.01: Client Identification and Verification
2008 - eCaseNotes
- No.04: Scratching the Surface of Fixed Term Employment Contracts
- No.03: Employers No Longer “Walking on Eggshells” Supreme Court Curbs Punitive Damages in Wrongful Dismissals
- No.02: Privacy: A Two-Way Street
- No.01: Money for Nothing? Confirming the Employees' Duty to Mitigate
2007 - eCaseNotes
- No.06: Protecting Privacy from the Long Arm of the Law
- No.05: Defamation on the Internet: The Courts get serious about "Cyber-Libel"
- No.04: Random Drug Testing - Still Ahead of its time
- No.03: Right to Collective Bargaining Upheld by Charter
- No.02: The Bidder's Promise: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing?
- No.01: Freedom to Compete Not So Free - Employment Relationship Is The Key
2006 - eCaseNotes
- No.09: Employers Beware: Ordering Independent Medical Examinations Could Cost You!
- No.08: Legal Fees on Corporate Reorganizations: Tax Deductible?
- No.07: Dismissal Not Disposal - Employee Disability Coverage After Termination
- No.06: Social Hosts: Not Liable? Not So Fast!
- No.05: Substance Abuse - Employer's Duty to Accommodate
- No.04: Facing a Potential Wrong Dismissal Suit? Pick Your Battles!
- No.03: Project Mismanagement: Construction Law and Professional Negligence.
- No.02: Frustrated Fishers: Trust Agreements and the Sale of Fishing Licenses.
- No.01: More Than a Pain in the Neck: Broad Disclosure Requirements for Plaintiffs in Personal Injury Cases.
2005 - eCaseNotes
- No.05: Doctors Disclose! Informed Consent and "Material Risks"
- No.04: Former Employers Beware! Former Employer Liable for Notice Where Employee Dismissed by New Employer.
- No.03: Notice Requirements in Fixed Term Employment Contracts.
- No.02: Entering Into an Employment Contract Requires Care and Consideration.
- No.01: Duty to Accommodate Employee's Alcoholism?