Benson Buffett in Top 10
Benson Buffett is proud to be selected as one of the top 10 full-service law firms in the Atlantic region by Canadian Lawyer magazine.
Estate Planning Brochures
Links to other sites with relevent estate planning imformation
Identification of a Subordination Clause under the P.P.S.A.: Emergence of a Conservative Trend
Note: Unless otherwise noted, all links below are PDFs and will open in a new window.
- No. 02: Proprietary Rights of Common Law Partners Expanded
- No. 01: Silence CAN mean Consent: Employees should Speak Up on Changes resulting from New Business Ownership
- No. 07: Holiday Season Advisory
- No. 06: Denial of Annual Bonus Could be Constructive Dismissal
- No. 05: Privacy vs. Safety: Confronting the Imposition of Random Drug and Alcohol Testing in Unionized Workplaces
- No. 04: When a Continuing Guarantee is Not So Continuous: Protecting the Enforceability of Guarantees For Creditors
- No. 03: Protecting Family Trusts by Marriage Contract
- No. 02: Accommodation of Childcare Obligations in the Workplace
- No. 01: Estate Planning in Blended Familes
- No. 06: The Duty to Mitigate: What All Employers and Employees Need to Know - Part II
- No. 05: The Duty to Mitigate: What All Employers and Employees Need to Know - Part I
- No. 04: The New Condominium Act - What Purchasers/Owners Need to Know
- No. 03: The New Condominium Act - What Developers Need to Know
- No. 02 Employers: What to Bear in Mind When Drafting Restrictive Covenants
- No. 01 A demotion can equal dismissal
- No. 06 Repeated fixed-term employment contracts do not necessarily lead to "indefinite termm employee" status
- No. 05 Post‐Termination Worker’s Compensation Benefits Are Deductible From Dismissal Damages
- No. 04: Disabled Employee Discrimination Test Confirmed
- No. 03: "Bare Minimum"Compensation in Lay-Offs of Unskilled Workers Results in GenerousSeverance Packages
- No. 02 : Court Stikes Down Post-Employment Competition Restrictions in Employment Contract
- No. 01 : Employers Beware: Employee Permitted to Remain in Employment after Constructive Dismissal
- No. 04 : Proving Frustration: Onus on employers to have medical evidence before terminating disabled employees
- No. 03 : Tender Privilege Clauses - Communication is Key
- No. 02 : Exclusion of Liability clauses in tenders and RFPs granted seal of approval
- No. 01 : Corporations on Trial
- No. 04: Scratching the Surface of Fixed Term Employment Contracts
- No. 03: Employers No Longer “Walking on Eggshells” Supreme Court Curbs Punitive Damages in Wrongful Dismissals
- No. 02: Privacy: A Two-Way Street
- No. 01: Money for Nothing? Confirming the Employees' Duty to Mitigate
- No. 06: Protecting Privacy from the Long Arm of the Law
- No. 05: Defamation on the Internet: The Courts get serious about "Cyber-Libel"
- No. 04: Random Drug Testing - Still Ahead of its time
- No. 03: Right to Collective Bargaining Upheld by Charter
- No. 02: The Bidder's Promise: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing?
- No. 01: Freedom to Compete Not So Free - Employment Relationship Is The Key
- No. 09: Employers Beware: Ordering Independent Medical Examinations Could Cost You!
- No. 08: LegalFees on Corporate Reorganizations: Tax Deductible?
- No. 07: Dismissal Not Disposal - Employee Disability Coverage After Termination
- No. 06: Social Hosts: Not Liable? Not So Fast!
- No. 05: Substance Abuse - Employer's Duty to Accommodate
- No. 04: Facing a Potential Wrong Dismissal Suit? Pick Your Battles!
- No. 03: Project Mismanagement: Construction Law and Professional Negligence.
- No. 02: Frustrated Fishers: Trust Agreements and the Sale of Fishing Licenses.
- No. 01: More Than a Pain in the Neck: Broad Disclosure Requirements for Plaintiffs in Personal Injury Cases.
- No. 05: Doctors Disclose! Informed Consent and "Material Risks"
- No. 04: Former Employers Beware! Former Employer Liable for Notice Where Employee Dismissed by New Employer.
- No. 03: Notice Requirements in Fixed Term Employment Contracts.
- No. 02: Entering Into an Employment Contract Requires Care and Consideration.
- No. 01: Duty to Accommodate Employee's Alcoholism?